Want to know what the most interesting stories were last week? Here is what you clicked on.
1. Incident at The Square - The police's hunt for a knife-wielding man played out right next to our newsroom and right in front of your computer screens. He has since been found and appears in court today.
2. Palmerston North RSA goes into receivership - The loss of the main watering hole for our veterans was a big talking point in Manawatu last week.
3. Car park 'too difficult to use' - Palmerston North Hospital's car park came under fire last week with a disabled advocacy group saying it was not designed for people on crutches.
4. 5.8 quake jolts people awake - Did you get woken up? We certainly did.
5. MP's burger date panned - Iain Lees Galloway is opening the new Burger King on Rangitikei St. Problem is, he is Labour's associate health spokesman, and a nutrition expert thinks that's a bit off.
6. City shopping centre sells for $4m - Got a spare $4.15 million lying around? You could have bought the Midway Plaza complex, on the corner of Albert and Main streets.
7. Explicit PN hip-hop video an online hit - Since our story on this outrageous Palmerston North video, the YouTube clip in the story has gone from having 2500 views to 8000. (WARNING EXPLICIT CONTENT)
8. Shannon crash victim named - Patrick James O'Connor, 28, of Levin was killed after his motorbike hit a power pole near Shannon on Sunday. His passenger, who was injured in the crash, remains in hospital.
9. Sleepy soldier in car crash chaos - A tired soldier caused thousands of dollars of damage and kept tow trucks busy after the car he was driving veered across the road and crashed into three parked cars.
10. Where are the best Christmas lights? - Manawatu's Christmas lights bible.
- Manawatu Standard
Do you own your home?Related story: Hot house prices lure buyers to provinces