The identity of a man burnt to death when his tent caught fire in Marton remains unconfirmed.
The 36-year-old man was found dead among the remains of the tent on a Hawkestone Rd property in Marton on December 5.
The fire is believed to have started from a candle. Sergeant Peter Wood, of Marton, said they were waiting for the results of a DNA test, but they had contacted the family of the man they believe was burnt in the fire.
They had tracked down his adopted mother in the United Kingdom, as well as other family members around the country.
Mr Wood hoped the results of the test would be back by tomorrow.
- Manawatu Standard
Will the bus shelter walkway planned for The Square be ready by the end of June?Related story: Covered walkway for Palmerston North bus users by winter