A fire at a chicken processing plant near Levin has been put out.
The boiler room of the plant off Hokio Beach Rd was reported on fire at 9.30am today, Fire Service spokesman David Meikle said.
The 24-square-metre building was fully ablaze when fire-fighters arrived but it was out by 10am.
Three crews battled the blaze, which did not initially appear to be suspicious.
No chickens were thought to be in the building.
- Manawatu Standard
Will Aaron Cruden's omission hurt or help the All Blacks?Related story: Senior All Blacks 'pretty disappointed' in Cruden