Earthquake Commission claims mount up
More than 400 Palmerston North residents have so far made claims to the Earthquake Commission following Monday's 6.2-magnitude earthquake.
By this morning EQC had received 1363 claims relating to the Wellington Anniversary Day quake.
The quake, which struck shortly before 4pm on Monday, was centred about 15m east of the rural Tararua town of Eketahuna at a depth of about 33km.
But it is Palmerston North that is topping the list for claims so far, with 419 made since Monday.
Tararua District residents had put in 253 claims, while Masterton District - the location of the earthquake's epicentre - had put in 174 claims.
People have three months from the date of an earthquake to lodge a claim with the commission.
Claims - a full breakdown:
- Carterton District - 25 claims.
- Horowhenua District - 86 claims
- Kapiti Coast District - 73 claims
- Manawatu District - 141 claims
- Masterton District - 174 claims
- Palmerston North City - 419 claims
- Tararua District - 253 claims
- Wellington City - 48 claims.
- Other - 144 claims.