Emergency services were called to the scene of a smoking bus on State Highway 3 near Sanson this morning.
Bulls fire brigade went to the scene about 10.45am after plumes of smoke were seen coming from the undercarriage of the bus.
The bus, operated by Naked Bus, pulled over on the Bulls side of Sanson after overheated brakes created the smoke, Bulls fire station officer Braden Hammond said.
There was no fire and no passengers on the bus at the time, Hammond said.
- Manawatu Standard
Should Manawatu's earthquake-prone buildings be yellow-stickered?Related story: Council won't use earthquake-risk stickers