Nelson roads are flooded and winds of nearly 120kmh hit Wellington as a fierce storm moved up the country.
We've now wrapped up our live coverage. You can read the full wrap here, or you can watch the replay of events below.
- Severe weather warnings in place for Westland, Buller, Nelson and Taranaki.
- Nelson roads that were closed due to flooding have re-opened.
- Northerly gusts exceeded 100kmh in Wellington.
- A slip near Rotorua has closed State Highway 36 between Dudley Rd and Te Matai Rd.
- Conditions are expected to improve into the evening.
- More than 100 millimetres of rain fell overnight in parts of the South Island.
How often do you sample items at the supermarket, such as the pick and mix nibbles or grapes?Related story: (See story)