- Applications from people with an understanding of tourism are being sought for the Destination Marlborough board. The board consists of four appointed trustees and two council nominees.
Two trustee positions are appointed each year for a two-year term.
The role requires attendance at regular board meetings, involvement in working committees and undertaking specific tasks from time to time.
It is a governance role, including reviewing financial and operational performance, resourcing and achieving strategic and operational goals. Experience in corporate governance is an advantage.
Send postal applications including nominated referees to: Destination Marlborough, Board Appointments Committee, PO Box 29, Blenheim 7240, or email: email@example.com. Applications close on December 7.
- The retail store in Maxwell Rd in Blenheim, which most recently housed Beavons Butchery, has been bought by business partners from Christchurch.
The pair, who wish to remain unnamed, are in the process of gutting the space and removing the refrigerated units. This is to create a "blank canvas" for future tenants. The building has a total of 400 square metres over two floors, with the ground and first floor available to be tenanted separately.
- Managers and business owners may be interested in Forte Management's "Essential Skills for Business Owners and Managers" programme.
It covers essential skills and practical tools for managers and business owners to help drive superior performance and covers topics key for management and business success in New Zealand. The course costs $495 or $247.50 with the NZTE training subsidy. The programme is delivered in three sessions on February 7, 14 and 21 from 9am to 12.30pm, at the Marlborough Scenic Hotel in Blenheim. To register, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools and Spa was named as New Zealand's favourite "must-do" according to the 2012 AA tourism survey.
The six-week voting campaign attracted more than 283,000 votes, split over 1600 attractions from across the country.
Voters showed a preference towards South Island scenic cruises, healing thermal waters and spectacular scenic ranges nationwide.
Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools and Spa was followed by Rotorua Polynesian Spa, Akaroa Harbour Nature Cruises and Heliview Taranaki. Ranked fifth was the Otago Rail Trail.
- Kat Pickford is the Marlborough Express business reporter. Give Kat a ring with any news and information about businesses in town. She can be contacted on (03) 520 8951 or 027 241 3679, or at email@example.com.
- The Marlborough Express