Firemen were called to Marlborough Girls' College in Blenheim yesterday after a smoke alarm went off in the staff kitchen.
Two appliances attended the callout, triggered by a staff member cooking, just before 11am.
Principal Karen Stewart said the alarm was triggered by steam.
The college had a new fire alarm system in place, she said.
Staff were having a farewell party for retiring staff.
- The Marlborough Express
Is the region better served by having multiple events over one weekend or spread out throughout the year?Related story: (See story)