Hospice top trust donation
The Canterbury Community Trust donated more than $100,000 to Marlborough community groups last month.
The trust's first donations of the year saw 13 community groups receive a total of $101,450.
The Marlborough Hospice received the largest donation of $25,000 from the trust.
A trust spokeswoman said the Marlborough Hospice cared for 200 patients with wrap-around services that include community palliative care nursing, an inpatient unit, a day programme; a 24-hour telephone advice service and a Whanau Ora service.
Hospice Trust chair Ann Rutledge said a combination of funding and skills helped the hospice provide a comprehensive service for Marlburians along with the help provided by 260 volunteers.
"It's a staggering number of hours, without which we couldn't maintain the level of service we do," she said.
Other recipients of donations from the trust were:
- Awatere Community Trust, $15,000
- Blenheim Riverside Railway Society $10,000
- Festivals and Events Trust $8000
- Floral Art Society of New Zealand, Nelson/Marlborough $2000
- Friends of Renwick Museum and Watson Memorial Library Society $3500
- Havelock Museum Society $16,000
- Cancer Society of NZ Wellington Division, Marlborough $8000
- NZ Endometriosis Foundation, Marlborough $10,000
- Ronald MacDonald House Auckland Trust, Marlborough $1000
- Haemophilia Foundation of NZ $1200
- Ensemble Impact Education Trust Marlborough $750
- Rai Valley Public Cemetery $1000.
The Marlborough Express