BREAKING NEWS
Black Caps vs Pakistan match suspended after death of cricketer Phil Hughes. ... Read more
Close

Mattress fire

Last updated 14:15 11/02/2013

Relevant offers

A woman was taken to hospital with mild smoke inhalation after a mattress caught fire in a house on Budge St, Blenheim, on Saturday.

St John ambulance took a 53-year-old woman to Wairau Hospital where she was treated and discharged.

The other person in the house, a 51-year-old man, was not injured.

Chief fire officer Rob Dalton said the fire was confined to the front bedroom and took a few minutes to put out.

Emergency services were called about 6.45pm.

Ad Feedback

- The Marlborough Express

Comments

Special offers
Opinion poll

Is the region better served by having multiple events over one weekend or spread out throughout the year?

Multiple events

Spread out over year

Vote Result

Related story: (See story)

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content