Search scaled back
The search for missing Marlborough man Craig Partridge has been scaled back.
The Police Maritime Unit and the NZ Navy, using sonar equipment, finished their searches late last night and found no trace of Mr Partridge.
Police will no longer have a constant presence on the water but will be monitoring the ongoing volunteer search.
Police Search and Rescue Coordinator Senior Constable Al Hendrickson said a large number of volunteers had been assisting the search effort in private vessels and conducting shoreline searches.
The volunteer support had been a great help, with a number of private boats and a helicopter working in the area over the weekend, he said.
The 45-year-old Omaka Valley winegrower fell off a launch in the Endeavour Inlet area of Queen Charlotte Sound early on Tuesday morning last week.
Police said on Wednesday they had recovered a jacket belonging to Mr Partridge in the search area.
The navy joined the search for Mr Partridge on Thursday, using advanced equipment to get an accurate picture of the seabed.
A police spokeswoman said today that the Navy and police dive squads had done everything they could.
Mr Partridge is believed to have been with his daughter and her partner on a commercial fishing boat when he disappeared overboard in Endeavour Inlet about 2am on Tuesday.
They had been at Furneaux Lodge during the night. Lodge owner Geoff Faulkner said the trio left the lodge about midnight to go back to a bach at Marine Head, near the entrance to Endeavour Inlet.
It is understood Mr Partridge was not wearing a life jacket when he fell overboard. It is believed his daughter sent out a mayday call about 2.50am, saying a person had been lost overboard
- (Live Matches)