EQC 'on track' with Marlborough claims

CHLOE WINTER
Last updated 15:39 21/02/2014

Relevant offers

The Earthquake Commission has paid out more than $13.2 million to property owners in Marlborough since the Cook Strait earthquakes.

The total amount paid to Marlborough people so far is $13,210,688.04, an EQC spokesman said.

Priority has been placed on claims close to the epicentre of the earthquakes, he said.

The most serious damage is in Ward and Seddon, and damage in Blenheim is mainly cosmetic, he said.

More than 4000 claims were lodged from Marlborough after the July 19 and July 21 Cook Strait earthquakes and the August 16 Seddon earthquake last year.

Of these, 993 claims have been resolved.

"I think we are on track. We are on top of it," the spokesman said.

To date the EQC has received more than 8,800 claims for the quakes with one-third of them lodged in Marlborough and Nelson, the spokesman said.

All assessments were expected to be completed within seven months of the last event, making it mid-March 2014, he said.

Ad Feedback

- The Marlborough Express

Comments

Special offers
Opinion poll

How many books do you read a year?

None

0-10

11-20

21-30

30-plus

Vote Result

Related story: (See story)

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content