Dotcom's extradition hearing delayed
Kim Dotcom will have to wait a further six months for his extradition hearing.
The internet entrepreneur was due to have his case heard as early as next month, but tonight announced on his Twitter page that his hearing had been moved back to February 16, 2015.
He added that he still hadn't received a copy of his seized data.
New extradition hearing date 16 Feb 2015 Still didn't receive a copy of my seized data. That's the data the FBI shipped to the US illegally— Kim Dotcom (@KimDotcom) July 7, 2014
The US Government is seeking to extradite Dotcom to face charges of copyright conspiracy, racketeering and money-laundering allegedly carried out by his file-sharing company, Megaupload.
A High Court judgment released last Wednesday granted Dotcom access to the clones of his computer hard drives that were seized during a 2012 raid.
Justice Winkelmann said Dotcom had to provide the codes to police but they were not to be disclosed to anyone else in New Zealand or overseas, including to any representative of the United States Government.
The codes were also not to be stored or transmitted electronically, the judgment said.