Breakfast goes horribly wrong

LAURA WALTERS
Last updated 12:07 03/08/2014

Relevant offers

An Auckland man's breakfast went horribly wrong this morning after his cooker exploded, putting him in hospital.

Fire crews were called to Stanhope Rd in Mt Wellington at 9am.

Fire service shift manager Jaron Phillips said a camp cooker that was being used on an indoor stovetop exploded.

Ambulance Northern Communications team manager Norm Ngatai said a man in his 30s suffered minor burns and was taken to Auckland Hospital's emergency department.

Ad Feedback

- Auckland

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

Quiz SMALL pointer June 26

Daily trivia fix

Is chess your forte?