The death toll from last February's devastating earthquake has risen to 185.
A statement released by Chief Coroner Judge Neil MacLean today said Iris Botting, 88, died on March 6 after she fell and fractured her hip during the earthquake.
Botting had been admitted to hospital after her fall, the statement said.
She has now been added to the official death toll, bringing the current total to 185.
According to a death notice published on March 8, Botting had "died peacefully at Princess Margaret Hospital" and was a "much-loved grandma and great grandma".
Last week three more people were added to the official list of earthquake victims by the coroner.
Elizabeth Sinclair, 76, Pamela Christina Barkle, 72, and Reta Stewart, 81, were added to the official list of earthquake victims, which had previously stood at 181.
- © Fairfax NZ News
Pals and playmates (pictures)
Reacting to a sudden cancellation
New Zealand's best deck built yesterday
Appreciating Tony Allen
The meaning of blogging