1. Try this for thighs: Kiwi's photo shows muscle
New Zealand cyclist Greg Henderson has revealed the terrible truth about his sport - it can give you enormous thighs.
2. Crashes disrupt Wellington road, rail, ferries
Two crashes on State Highway 2 cut the Hutt Valley off from Wellington last week.
3. Olympic 'snow angel' outed by parents
Nick MacAvoy woke up to discover that his scantily-clad, snow angel antics on a London rooftop during the Olympics has made headline news on the other side of the world.
4. Kiwi double scullers claim Olympic gold medal
With their trademark withering finishing burst the magnificent double scull of Invercargill's Nathan Cohen and Picton's Joseph Sullivan claimed New Zealand's first gold medal of the Olympic Games.
5. 'I don't like Pippa's face'
Karl Lagerfeld says he doesn't like Pippa Middleton's face. We shouldn't be surprised - this, after all, from the man who called serial sex scandaliser Dominique Strauss-Kahn "charming".
6. New Zealand races up alternative medal tables
New Zealand's gold medal rowers have pushed the country to the top of the population-based Olympic medal ranking table, and Australia's not too happy about it.
7. Get the flu jab, pleads widower
After watching his fit and healthy wife die within days of getting a tickle in her throat, Mark McIlroy is urging people to get vaccinated against the flu.
8. Radio building taken down in seconds
A short series of ear-shattering explosions was all it took to demolish Radio Network House in Christchurch.
9. NZ three-day eventers win bronze
Veterans Andrew Nicholson and Mark Todd are bitterly disappointed they fell short of an individual medal but believe the future of New Zealand three-day eventing is bright after the Kiwis claimed Olympic team bronze at Greenwich Park.
10. Two New Zealand soldiers killed in Afghanistan
Prime Minister John Key says the deaths of two NZ soldiers in Afghanistan will not change plans to withdraw the Provincial Reconstruction Team (PRT) late next year.
- © Fairfax NZ News