Stuff top 10: Week ending 26 August
Stuff's ten most read stories last week ranged from the tragic deaths of three Kiwi soldiers in Afghanistan, to how an elderly man was reunited with his lost life savings, and the naked antics of Prince Harry.
1. Three Kiwi soldiers killed in bomb blast named
A strike against those responsible for the deaths of three Kiwi soldiers in Afghanistan is being considered, the Defence Force says.
2. Naked Prince Harry photos genuine
Photos showing a naked Prince Harry cavorting with a woman in Las Vegas are genuine, Clarence House has confirmed to British media.
3. Woman killed in 'worst nightmare' police car crash
Last week's crash involving a police car in which a woman died is every officer's worst nightmare, Counties Manukau district commander John Tims says.
4. Elderly veteran reunited with his $23,000 life savings
A 90-year-old Greymouth war veteran has been reunited with the life savings he misplaced after having a cup of tea.
5. Playdough use offends some
The days of making macaroni necklaces and potato prints at kindergarten are quickly becoming a thing of the past - and playdough may be the next to go.
6. Lightning storm hits Wellington
Wellington was treated to a spectacular lightning display last week as a storm dropped hail stones the size of marbles on the Miramar Peninsula.
7. Sentencing turns into courthouse brawl
A bloody fight akin to a bar-room brawl erupted in the New Plymouth District Court last week.
8. Clues sought in Tony Scott suicide
Investigators are looking for clues what prompted Top Gun director Tony Scott to take his own life.
9. Nicole Kidman bares all for V
A pencil skirt featuring a comic acid face is as theatrical as her make-up and platinum hairdo. The shoot is neatly timed with the launch of forthcoming The Paperboy and the news that actress is to be honoured at the New York Film Festival.
10. Marriage equality stories: Hannah and Toni
In February, I got 'married' to my partner of three and a half years, writes Hannah Ockelford.