Smoke pouring from fire at Hamilton property
Emergency services are responding to a fire at a residential property in Hamilton.
The people who live at the affected property in Dinsdale were at friend and neighbour Dylan Kite's house when they saw smoke.
"It was just thick," Kite said.
They realised it was coming from their Frederick Drive property, off Rifle Range Road, and raced across the road to get home.
Bystanders collected to watch.
One fire truck attended and firefighters got to work with hoses.
Kite rushed out of the shower to help.
He understood a ride-on mower had sparked the blaze, which took hold in the garage.
The family's first focus was to check their dog and children were away from the area and, in that time, vehicles parked in the shed were damaged. It's understood there were no injuries to people or pets.
Thick, black smoke was coming from the garage and reportedly spread to the nearby Norton Road roundabout.
Cars started driving down Frederick Drive to see what had happened, frustrating neighbours, who said they were blocking the firefighters
from getting to the scene.
When crews arrived, they had to run hoses from the back section out to the street.