Man burnt after cleaning vacuum

CAROLINE KING
Last updated 17:05 19/09/2012

Relevant offers

A Christchurch man has suffered serious burns after a vacuum cleaner caught fire while he was trying to clean it using a solvent.

The Fire Service was called to a home in Bishopdale just before 3pm.

A Fire Service spokesman said he understood the man had been trying to clean the vacuum cleaner using a solvent.

"Somehow or other it has ignited," he said.

He understood the man's left arm was "badly burnt". His neck was also injured.

A St John spokesman said the man, aged in his mid-40s, was taken to Christchurch Hospital.

Ad Feedback

- The Press

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

Quiz SMALL pointer June 26

Daily trivia fix

Is chess your forte?