Family evacuated as bush fire breaks out

Last updated 07:48 03/11/2012

Relevant offers

A family had to evacuate their home north of Auckland this morning as a scrub fire, possibly caused by fireworks, broke out near their property.

The tenants had to flee their home just after 3am after the bush fire, at least 40 by 20 square metres, encroached on their house in Manly, Whangaparaoa, a Fire Service spokesman said.

It was likely caused by fireworks, the spokesman said.

The fire was now out and the tenants back in their home.

Ad Feedback

- The Press

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content