Stuff top 10: Oct 29 - Nov 4 2012
Stuff's most popular stories from last week range from super storm Sandy and a million-dollar home challenge, to a loving dad's year of torment.
1. Resuming life after super storm Sandy
Flights resumed, but slowly. The New York Stock Exchange got back to business, but on generator power. And with the subways still down, great numbers of people walked across the Brooklyn Bridge into Manhattan in a reverse of the exodus of 9/11.
2. High-profile lawyer Greg King found dead
High-profile lawyer Greg King has been found dead beside his car in Wellington.
3. Million-dollar home occupier refuses to leave
The real estate agents call it "an opportunity like no other" and they're not exaggerating.
4. X Factor nipplegate blamed on Sandy
Khloe Kardashian blames her wardrobe malfunction on an episode of The X Factor last week on Hurricane Sandy.
5. Man goes on rampage in BNZ bank
A man has been arrested after going on a rampage with an axe at the BNZ bank in Whangamata.
6. Five-year-old shot dead by cousin, 8
The Kiwi father of a 5-year-old boy shot dead by his 8-year-old cousin has flown to Samoa to be with the child's body.
7. Kiwis in for a hot, dry summer
The summer months will likely be dry for most New Zealanders, with the hottest temperatures expected in the top of North Island.
8. Employment pay-out after telling boss to stick job
Ever wanted to tell the boss to stick the job where the sun don't shine? A Hutt Valley bus driver did and has been awarded $10,000 after her hasty sacking.
9. Bashed dad feared for kids
Solo dad Marty Keen choked up thinking about the attack he says could have left his children without their father.
10. Loving dad's year of torment
Some 300 people are enjoying hot summer days at McKee Domain near Ruby Bay as a father is at the playground with his daughters.