Elderly woman risks life for possessions

Last updated 11:05 20/11/2012

Relevant offers

An elderly woman was treated for smoke inhalation after running in and out of her burning flat in an attempt to save some of her possessions.

The Bulls Volunteer Fire Service were called to the fire in Hammond St shortly after 3pm yesterday.

Chief Fire Officer Brian Carter said the fire started in the middle of a set of six council flats, but was contained by concrete fire walls separating the apartments.

The fire was believed to have started on the stove.

The surrounding flats suffered a small amount of smoke damage, but were otherwise unharmed, Carter said.

Ad Feedback

- © Fairfax NZ News

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

Quiz SMALL pointer June 26

Daily trivia fix

Is chess your forte?