A father and son have been flown to hospital with burns after boiling water on a camp stove tipped on them.
The man in his 50s and his 14-year-old son were flown from Tonga Quarry Camp in Abel Tasman National Park about 9.15 last night.
A Nelson Marlborough Rescue Helicopter spokesperson said they received burns from boiling water when a camp stove was accidentally knocked over.
Because of their location, the helicopter was unable to land. Instead, a paramedic was winched down to the pair to give first aid, before they were all winched onto the helicopter. They were flown for treatment at Nelson Hospital.
- © Fairfax NZ News
Pals and playmates (pictures)
Reacting to a sudden cancellation
New Zealand's best deck built yesterday
Appreciating Tony Allen
The meaning of blogging