NY Eve: Your party and weather guide
Party-goers across the country are getting prepped for events welcoming in 2013.
Here is a selection of the celebrations on offer, and what mother nature has in store with the weather:
- Whitianga's premiere new year festival Coromandel Gold has sold out of its single passes tonight, but there are limited double passes available. Today kicked off with Katchafire at 2pm and Kiwi group Kora will bring in the new year. Other highlights include US hip hop duo De La Soul and Australian's Cut Copy.
- The Whitianga Hotel is hosting Summer Jam, featuring pop, rock, funk & reggae sounds of Riqi Harawira & Kelly Kahukiwa from 9pm to 2am.
- Whangamata will bring in 2013 with a New Year's Eve party at Williamson Reserve, Ocean Rd. Auckland covers band The Dozen will headline the event, supported by special guests from 8pm to 1:15am.
Weather will be fine with moderate winds and a low of 12 degrees celsius overnight. New Year's day is forecast to be sunny with a high of 24 degrees.
- Paihia will party at Shippey's, a bar hosting Sunshine Sound System. It starts at 9pm and has a raft of DJs playing.
- Northern Bass, held in Mangawhai, will have local and international dubstep, drum and bass, and hip-hop artists. Acts include Concord Dawn, Organikismness, State of Mind, and The Upbeats.
- Close by at the Mangawhai Tavern will be the New Years Eve Party with Anika, Boh and Hollie.
Weather for the day will see a high of 23deg, dropping to 13deg overnight. It should be fine for most of the day.
Auckland's CBD will see a range of events.
- The sold-out Britomart Beach Party has three tonnes of sand shipped to the venue, with a fitting dress code theme of "flip flops".
- Sale Street is sting a party kicking off at 6pm, with a few DJs playing until 3am.
- The Highlife New Year's Eve party is a ferry ride away, on Waiheke Island at Stonyridge Vineyard.
- Supergroove will play all their old hits at SkyCity from 9pm-1pm.
- Singles can head to the Commerce Club in Auckland, providing food and drinks from 7.30pm.
- Fireworks from the Sky Tower are due to light up the sky at midnight.
Early showers will die off in Auckland, for a fine day. There will be a high of 22deg and an overnight low of 13deg.
- Gin Wigmore and Jimmy Barnes will be playing at The Red Hot Summer Tour in Mt Maunganui.
- Reggae lovers can also head to Tauranga, where the Exodus New Year's Eve concert is held in Papamoa. Herbs, Katchafire, and 1814 will be playing.
Weather in Tauranga should be fine, with a high of 24deg and 13deg overnight.
- The Rhythm and Vines in Gisborne is celebrating its 10th anniversary. Concert-goers will be able to head to Six60, P Money, Boy Crush and Coco Solid concerts.
The party will not be hindered by the weather, with Gisborne set for a fine day with a high of 25deg.
A few New Year's Eve celebrations will be happening in Napier this evening.
- The Casino Royale Celebration at The Country starts at 6.30pm.
- The Old Church will be hosting a party with Ben Throp & The Intimate Strangers. Tickets include dinner and cocktails.
- A family-friendly event will be held on Marine Parade in Napier. Starting at 8.30pm with a Katy Perry Tribute, The Monroes will play a range of popular music.
- The Lion Foundation Fireworks display will go off at midnight.
The weather will be fine, with a high of 25deg, dropping to 13deg overnight.
A wide range of events will play in the Capital on New Year's Eve, including:
- The Feelers play at the Chicago Sports Cafe.
- Bella Kalolo will play at the Wellington Waterfront in a family-friendly concert.
Wellington is set for fine day, with a high of 21deg and low of 15deg overnight.
- Crossroads New Year's Eve Party will be on in Christchurch, playing from 9pm to 1pm.
- Metal fans can head to 8 Foot Sativa, playing from 7pm-1am at the Bourbon Street Bar.
After early showers pass, Christchurch will have a fine day with gusty winds. It will have a high of 23deg and 15deg overnight.
* Got an event to promote? Share in the comments below: