A 10-year-old girl needed no medical attention after reportedly being shocked by lightning at a Wanaka public pool yesterday.
The girl was showering at the facility when lightning struck it during a violent storm, and it is thought she received a mild shock. The girl was not injured and needed no medical attention.
Lakes Leisure chief executive Ruth Stokes said the child was continuing her holiday with her family in Wanaka.
She said while the incident could not have been foreseen, it was being investigated.
After the incident, the pool remained shut for the day and the Lakes Leisure outdoor pool in Arrowtown was also closed.
Pals and playmates (pictures)
Reacting to a sudden cancellation
New Zealand's best deck built yesterday
Appreciating Tony Allen
The meaning of blogging