Fire in central Auckland building

Last updated 15:57 24/01/2013

Relevant offers

Firefighters have doused a blaze on Upper Queen St in Auckland this afternoon.

Fire communications shift commander Megan Ruru said emergency services were called to the Localist building about1.50pm.

Ruru said it's believed the fire started in a transformer cable in the basement of the building.

The building had been evacuated and there have been no reports of injuries.

A resident said he could no longer see smoke or fire coming from the building. 

Ad Feedback

- © Fairfax NZ News

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

Quiz SMALL pointer June 26

Daily trivia fix

Is chess your forte?