Man burned by oil vat in KFC

JOELLE DALLY
Last updated 19:28 10/02/2013

Relevant offers

A 21-year-old man is in Christchurch Hospital after suffering burns to 15 per cent of his body in a reported oil vat spill at a KFC restaurant in Rangiora today.


Were you there? Phone the Press newsroom on 943-2684 or click here to email us. a>


St John Ambulance district operations manager Pete Cain said paramedics were called to incident at 1.43pm.  The man was understood to be conscious but in a lot of pain.

Paramedics treated the man at the scene before transporting him to hospital, he said.

A KFC restaurant manager said: ‘‘we have no comments at this stage’’.

A Canterbury District Health Board spokeswoman said the man was in a stable condition.


Ad Feedback

- The Press

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content