Earthquake: Scenes of chaos and destruction around New Zealand
Laura Cook & Duane Lawrence
Footage captured by Laura Cook and Duane Lawrence shows the extent of the shaking in Kenepuru, Porirua, when the quake struck.
Footage of destruction seen across the country after a magnitude 7.5 earthquake hit near Hanmer Springs.
Did you feel it at your place? Send us your information, photos and videos to email@example.com
* Live: 'Casualties' follow 7.5 quake, tsunami waves hit
* Massive 7.5 quake felt widely across New Zealand
* Photos: Huge earthquake shocks New Zealand
* Earthquake jolts NZ: What you need to know
* Earthquake: Report of fatality in Canterbury
* Students told to stay at home after quake
* Tsunami sirens sound across the country
* Tracing the source of the big earthquake
Photographer Matthew Clode documents his experience of the midnight quake in the Wellington CBD.
A senior firefighter gives advice on dealing with the earthquake.
MONIQUE FORD/FAIRFAX NZ
Residents of low-lying areas of Wellington city evacuated to hill areas after feeling the effects of a 7.5 earthquake which hit north Canterbury region in the South Island.
Resident captures footage of her house as an earthquake rocks Nelson.
Mykele Johansen/Hayden Rose
Power lines in Nelson go off like fireworks after a strong quake rattles New Zealand.
Evacuations are underway in Wellington as a tsunami warning sounds elsewhere in the country.
CAMERON BURNELL/FAIRFAX NZ
Shaken residents in Wellington: "Everyone's ringing each other to ask if we are okay."
Bottles of wine fell from shelves at a Nelson supermarket.
Power cut in Nelson after severe quake hits.
Strong quake in Wellington terrifies resident.
A beauty shop in Wellington's Lambton Quay smashed up.