Gas bottle explosion burns man

Last updated 14:47 18/12/2013

Relevant offers

A man has suffered serious burns after a gas bottle exploded in Muriwai this afternoon.

Emergency crews arrived on the scene about 12.20pm.

The man has been airlifted to Middlemore Hospital.

Ad Feedback

- Stuff

Special offers
Opinion poll

The lower drink-driving limits from December are:

Great - too much carnage on our roads.

Overkill - targets moderate drinkers, not the heavies

Still too little - make it zero tolerance.

Sensible - punishment is in line with lesser breaches of limit.

Vote Result

Related story: Drink-drive limits lowered

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

Quiz SMALL pointer June 26

Daily trivia fix

Is chess your forte?