An air conditioning duct falling from a ceiling at the Events Cinema in Auckland's Newmarket sparked a full scale emergency response this morning.
Fire communications shift manager Paul Radden said emergency services were alerted to the incident at 9.55am and were told a roof had collapsed.
Four fire crews responded including a crew with specialist rescue and hydraulic cutting gear.
However when they arrived on the scene it was discovered it was a minor incident.
It is understood one person received minor injuries.
Two crews had stayed on the scene to help clear up any debris.
Owner orders dog to attack neighbour (graphic content)