Hunger striker Mike Dixon-McIver has reached a settlement with ACC and ended his 50-day vigil outside its Wellington head office.
Details of the settlement are confidential but Mr Dixon-McIver is back at his home in Upper Hutt and has resumed eating.
He said he was thankful there had been a settlement, but would continue to campaign against what he called injustices in the ACC system.
The 75-year-old, a former ACC advocate, had been locked in a six-year battle with the corporation after it tried to prosecute him for fraud.
The case was thrown out and earlier this year a judge awarded Mr Dixon-McIver full legal costs of $13,000, but the corporation refused to go to mediation to discuss damages.
In response he had been living on the street outside the Aitken St offices, surviving on coffee and fruit juice, since November.
Thirty people joined a protest march supporting him on Saturday.
ACC spokeswoman Stephanie Melville said it acknowledged and regretted the distress the prosecution had caused Mr Dixon-McIver.
- The Dominion Post