Gas oven blast burns two

Last updated 10:12 06/03/2014

Relevant offers

Two people have been treated for burns after a gas oven exploded at an Auckland university this morning.

Fire Service shift manager Paul Radden said units were sent after a reported gas explosion at the Auckland University of Technology (AUT) city campus on the corner of Mayoral Dr and Wellesley St.

Firemen helped two people who had minor facial burns until ambulance staff arrived.

A specialist hazardous materials unit was also sent as a precaution, Radden said.

Ad Feedback

- Stuff

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content