Toxic chemical stolen from factory

Last updated 12:16 26/05/2014

Relevant offers

Crime

Thief made hole in wall and stole $3000 in coins from Taupo's Irish pub Rugby coach says sexual assault allegations are 'mean' and 'ugly' Teenager caused crash, injuring four, by checking his cellphone Questions for Troy Taylor jury: Did he kill Ihaka Stokes and did he mean to? Armed robber blasts his way into Christchurch bar Paula Bennett faces angry crowd at Thames meeting Judge fines building owner, company $69,000 for changing a protected building Marlborough man Michael Just sentenced for weapons collection, cannabis grow room Murder accused Troy Taylor rejects medical evidence: 'Science gets lots wrong' Peng Wang trial: Driver found guilty of crashing into Karen Rutherford, 'You shattered me and my family'

Police are warning the public to be on the lookout for a dangerous chemical that looks and smells like coffee, that was stolen from an Auckland factory this morning.

The chemical, lignosulfate, was scooped from a 25-kilogram bag in an Avondale factory, is highly toxic, and should not be ingested.

Anybody who has come into contact with it should immediately call the New Zealand Fire Service and seek urgent medical assistance.

Police want to hear from anyone with information about the theft.

Ad Feedback

- Stuff

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content