Crash horseman delays plea over safety charge

DAVID CLARKSON
Last updated 11:31 10/06/2014
richard hayden
RICHARD HAYDEN: Critical of media coverage of the case so far.

Relevant offers

Crime

American man faces charges of sexually harassing Kiwi blogger in online posts Scott Watson's boat repainted for Sounds murder film, paid for by taxpayers Kiwi farmers sue for $33 million over Facebook scam Man seriously injured in stabbing Meth testing for rental properties on the rise Depressed Taranaki mother sentenced for attempted murder suicide plot Christchurch home searched in Marcus Tucker homicide inquiry Uber drivers operating illegally in New Zealand, NZTA says Woman jogger brutally assaulted in Northland Electronic darts scheme latest in former bankrupt David Blake's chequered career

A Christchurch city horseman has been granted a one-week remand on bail before entering a plea on a charge of endangering people's safety by letting his horse roam free.

Richard James Hayden, 46, was concerned about a media application to film his appearance in the Christchurch District Court today, but said he would not object to the filming if he was granted another week's remand without plea.

He was critical of media coverage of the case so far.

The case concerns police allegations that his horse was running loose on April 7 about 7.45pm when it was struck by a car on Brougham St.

The car was damaged, the driver received minor injuries, and the horse had to be put down.

Police had no objection to the further remand without plea today and Judge Stephen O'Driscoll granted the remand on bail to June 17.

He also noted Hayden's indication that there would be no objection to filming on that date.

Ad Feedback

- The Press

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content