Alleged gunman arrested
An alleged gunman involved in a Lower Hutt shooting on Friday morning has been arrested.
Charles Davis, 36, was arrested without incident at 1.30 this afternoon, after the Armed Offenders Squad searched an address in the eastern Hutt Valley.
Davis had been sought since Friday after a wounded man handed himself in to Hutt Hospital at 1.30am that morning.
The 20-year-old victim had non-life threatening gunshot wounds to his hand and scalp requiring surgery.
On Friday police arrested a 34-year-old woman and a 22-year-old man outside the Harley Grove house where the shooting happened. Only Davis had remained at large.
His arrest was as a result of information received from the public, Hutt Valley acting area commander Shane Cotter said.
"I want to thank the public for their assistance over the last few days. We are pleased to have this matter resolved so quickly," he said.
I can reassure the public that their safety is of paramount concern to police and we take this type of offending very seriously."
Police were continuing to examine the Harley Grove address.
It is understood the shooting victim was discharged from hospital after surgery.
Further inquiries and searches would continue over the coming days in relation to this matter, Cotter said.
Davis was expected to appear in the Hutt Valley District Court tomorrow morning facing charges of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, and further charges were being considered.
The Dominion Post