Paedophile due back in court

Last updated 13:09 26/08/2012

Relevant offers


Southland man loses $100,000 in internet dating scam, police warn people to be careful Outrage over child internet porn discharge without conviction for father-of-two Invercargill robbery accused doesn't match victim's description of offender, jury told David Roigard tells different tales of inheritance worth millions Kiwi detainee allowed to be with partner as she dies from cancer Construction workers come to aid of Blenheim taxi driver Family violence statements to be recorded by police at scene Marlborough man charged with offensive language Miriama Kamo's builder pleads guilty Attempt to import 500 stun guns ends badly for Christchurch man

A sex offender convicted of the rape of a baby will appear in the Christchurch District Court on Monday in relation to a breach of his release conditions.

Lloyd McIntosh, who was jailed for offences including the rape of a 23-month-old baby and a child aged six, was released in 2005 into the grounds of Christchurch Men's prison.

He has been heavily supervised since then, and his release conditions include being accompanied in public and a ban on internet use.

He cannot have contact with anyone aged under 16 unless supervised, get a job without written consent of the probation officer, or have contact with victims.

Corrections told Radio New Zealand the breach relates to the monitoring included in his release conditions, and not to any sexual reoffending.

His court appearance will be on the same day as a hearing of an injunction sought by Whanganui District Council against the release of Wilson to a house in the grounds of Whanganui prison.

More than 100 high-risk paedophiles released from prison are on an extended supervision scheme.

Ad Feedback

- The Press

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content