Auckland knife attack accused in court

Last updated 15:03 08/10/2012

Relevant offers


Tribal Huk: P dealers have been hammered out of Ngaruawahia, gang president says Vigilante fears as tyres slashed near Wellington Airport Gable Tostee: How an Instagramming juror nearly jeopardised trial over Warriena Wright's death Tribal Huk to auction off hammer to feed the hungry kids of New Zealand Burgled by the wheelie bin bandits Jail time for man's second indecent assault on a child Wellington dairy owner regrets actions after altering historic building without consent Conman Paul William Abbott would 'have difficulty lying straight in bed', judge says Caleb Kovaleski - 'the face of New Zealand's meth epidemic' Jewellery thieves come through roof of South Waikato store

Two Auckland men have appeared in court over an alleged fight at the weekend whcich left one man with a knife gash from his temple to his jaw.

Brian Nati and Raymond Misifosa, both 19, were among four men charged with intending to cause grievous bodily harm and wounding Xu Zhu.

The men appeared in the Auckland District Court this morning and were remanded on bail to re-appear in the court on October 26.

A 23-year-old and a 21-year-old, who both suffered serious stab wounds to the chest during the incident, were expected to appear in court later today.

Zhu, 22, had been enjoying a night out with friends on Friday when the alleged altercation happened around midnight.

He left a trail of blood from Myers Park to Aotea Square after fleeing the scene.

Zhu is understood to have suffered sliced nerves in his face and a fractured eye socket. He has had surgery at Middlemore Hospital.

The other injured man was taken to Auckland City Hospital.

Ad Feedback

- Auckland Now

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content