Name suppression continues in Hansen case

Last updated 14:35 17/12/2013
hansen standard
Whetu Teaola Hansen

Relevant offers


Man critical after hit and run incident during pub brawl in Whanganui New Zealand national game in crisis? The public's view The thin blue line is too thin, says Police Association Ugly fight follows driver's downtown Wellington dash Tribal Huk: P dealers have been hammered out of Ngaruawahia, gang president says Vigilante fears as tyres slashed near Wellington Airport Gable Tostee: How an Instagramming juror nearly jeopardised trial over Warriena Wright's death Tribal Huk to auction off hammer to feed the hungry kids of New Zealand Burgled by the wheelie bin bandits Jail time for man's second indecent assault on a child

The identity of the man arrested by police investigating the homicide of Whanganui man Whetu Hansen will remain secret.

The man's name, age, identifying details and the charge he is facing were suppressed at his first appearance in Palmerston North District Court last week.

He reappeared in court today where Judge Les Atkins continued the interim suppression order until the man's next appearance.

He was remanded in custody and will appear again next year.

The man was arrested after speaking to police investigating the disappearance of Hansen.

Hansen was last seen on November 24, and police launched a missing persons inquiry on December 2.

A property on Akers Rd, Linton, has been the focal point of the investigation, which was elevated to a homicide inquiry last week.

Ad Feedback

- Manawatu Standard


Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content