ACC move 'inadequate'

PHIL KITCHIN
Last updated 05:00 30/08/2012

Relevant offers

Politics

When there's no more Mr Nice Guy, Bennett is next bet Campaign Diary: Saturday, August 30 Slow ahead? A political fork in the road Craig takes aim at Peters Williams takes NZ First to court over list Labour denies change on Lochinver sale Peters, Key squabble over Collins 'coup attempt' National invests in forests Ban Ki Moon to visit Auckland Beehive Live: Riding the debate high

ACC has made small steps to correct false allegations of blackmail against privacy whistleblower Bronwyn Pullar.

It posted an online "addendum" yesterday to a report by two senior managers about their meeting with Ms Pullar and her supporter, Michelle Boag, in December.

Their allegations that Ms Pullar demanded a guaranteed benefit for two years and threatened to withhold information if demands were not met were shown to be false.

Nonetheless, the report containing the allegations has remained on ACC's website.

Yesterday's addendum said the managers had a “perception a threat had been made” and referred the matter to police to decide if wrong-doing had taken place.

“The police released their finding that ‘no offence has been disclosed' - documents relating to that decision are also available on this website.”

Ms Pullar and Ms Boag said the response was “inadequate”.

Ad Feedback

- The Dominion Post

Special offers
Opinion poll

Who won the leaders' election debate?

John Key

David Cunliffe

Too close to call

Vote Result

Related story: Debate turns slug-fest

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content