Little Geniuses: When some politicians are building walls, these kids are tearing them down
When the politicians are fighting for our vote, what about the young kids whose future we're deciding?
As this delightful video reveals, they won't be worrying the pollsters – their favourite politicians are Michelle Obama and Donald Trump, after all.
But they do reveal a surprising awareness of the challenges of political leadership: the tough decisions, the hard work and long hours, and having to tell people what to do.
In partnership with Matilda, the Musical, we convened this panel of little geniuses to discover what they want from this year's election campaign.
* Little Geniuses: How to not be 'dumbheads'
* Little Geniuses: Kids think globally, by acting locally
* Little Geniuses: Robots, rockets, Donald Trump and hedgehogs
* Teachers are the biggest influence on kids; we meet some of NZ's finest
* Who inspired you or your kids? Nominate your favourite teacher – and WIN!
As one boy says, perhaps our leaders just need to get out there a bit more, to see how the other half live.
"I'd be going round checking how the country has been, if there's been a place that's been really trashed," he says.
Another girl is succinct. She wishes the politicians will "all just be quiet".