A Nelson woman stung by a bee as she was riding pillion on a motorbike suffered an anaphylactic reaction.
The 49-year-old was on her way back to Nelson when the bee hit her wrist and stung her. She developed an anaphylactic reaction as the ride went on, said a Nelson Marlborough rescue helicopter spokesman.
She received adrenaline from the on-scene ambulance crew and then was picked up by the rescue helicopter in the Kawatiri Junction and Glenhope area near Murchison. The helicopter intensive care paramedic assisted her further en route to Nelson Hospital emergency department. She has been treated and discharged.
- © Fairfax NZ News
Should the Nelson City Council spend up to $500,000 to fix the modellers' pond at Tahunanui?Related story: (See story)