Fire engulfs Dunedin house

RACHEL YOUNG
Last updated 07:28 25/07/2014

Relevant offers

A person was taken to hospital for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Dunedin's North East Valley shortly before midnight.

Six fire engines were sent to the Chambers St blaze, with the house well alight by the time firefighters arrived, a Fire Service spokesman said.

One person was taken to Dunedin Hospital with minor smoke inhalation.

The house was "significantly damaged" and a fire crew remains at the scene.

Fire Safety officers will be on site this morning to establish the cause of the blaze.

Ad Feedback

- Stuff

Comments

st strap Communites
Our E-Editions

Read our free publications online.

giveaway
Win with the Times

Win with us!

Stl paper logo
Subscriber services

Click here for subscriber news and information.

ST digital edition thumb
Digital edition

Read The Southland Times online with our digital edition.

Newspaper
Subscribe

Click here to subscribe to our publications

Special offers
Opinion poll

What is your impression of Invercargill's teens?

Friendly and helpful, a credit to their town

No better or worse than anywhere else

Not impressed with them at all

Vote Result

Related story: Letter: In praise of young people

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

Daily diversions
stimes pan #stayclassysouthland

Cartoons by Chicane, aka Mark Winter

Quizzes

Today's puzzles

Reviews

Your Family News
Birth notices and anniversaries

Celebrations

View marriage and birth notices from around the region

Death notices

Death Notices

View obituaries from around the region