Partygoers burnt after explosion at house
Three people have been taken to hospital, suffering burns to the face, neck, legs and arms after an explosion at a house in Mosgiel, north-west of Dunedin this morning.
A Fire Service spokesman said something was thrown on to fireplace during a party, causing an explosion about 1.30am.
An ambulance spokesman said clothes of the injured had been set alight, and they attempted to put the fire out by jumping in a pond.
Two ambulances attended and treated five people at the scene.
Three people were taken to hospital with moderate to serious burns.
- The Press
Contact details for The Southland Times and community newspapers.
Order copies of images taken by Southland Times photographers.
Read our free publications online.
Win with us!
Click here for subscriber news and information.
Should a new site be found for Invercargill's second McDonalds?Related story: McDonald's location opposed