Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi are getting divorced tomorrow, weeks after he was pictured holding her throat and pinching her nose in a London restaurant.
Lawson, 53, was the applicant in the case to be heard at London's High Court, reported the Daily Mail.
The 10-year-marriage will be over and the pair have reportedly agreed never to publicly release the terms of the divorce or financial settlements.
When they wed in 2003, they reportedly signed a pre-nuptial agreement, but Saatchi has still been dealing with Lawson's lawyer to make sure his multi-million-dollar art collection stayed intact.
The couple were not required to attend the hearing, and they will need to wait about six weeks for the divorce to be finalised.
Saatchi announced the divorce to the media without giving her any warning, said the Daily Mail.
He told The Mail on Sunday: "I am sorry to announce that Nigella Lawson and I are getting divorced."
"I feel that I have clearly been a disappointment to Nigella during the last year or so, and I am disappointed that she was advised to make no public comment to explain that I abhor violence of any kind against women, and have never abused her physically in any way," he said.
Lawson is represented by one of Britain's toughest divorce lawyers, Fiona Shackleton, who successfully represented Paul McCartney, Prince Charles, and Madonna.
- © Fairfax NZ News
Do you agree with the city council's cut back on meals?Related story: Shadbolt bemused by 'prince of gluttony' tag