In the South
Six leading Southland musicians will have their names immortalised on the honours board when they are inducted into the Southland Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in October.
This year's roll of honour and their former bands is:
- Neil Blue: 13th Hour, High and Dry, Abraham, Edge, Storm, Justice, Vision.
- Stu Dodds: The Countdowns, 13th Hour, New 13th Hour, Justice, Post No Bills.
- Steven Hayes: Progress Valley Possum Pickers, Exposure, Swede Eaters, Southbound Blues Club.
- Paul Rosel: High and Dry, Abraham, Edge, Storm, Vision.
- Neville Scott: Web, Justice, Post No Bills, Vision.
- Sonny Williams: Three Plus One, Jet, Billy T James, Prince Tui Teka.
The six Southland music stalwarts will be inducted at the Corinthians Centre on October 4 during a show that will feature performances by some of their previous band lineups, including Exposure and Friends, Post No Bills, Jet Abraham and a 1980s lineup of Vision.
Tickets for the Something to Crow About show will go on sale at Trevor Daley Music Works and the Invercargill Workingmen's Club early next month.
- The Southland Times