In the South
The Southland cricketer has had a big year with some noticeable highs and lows. He tells The Southland Times about his 2013.
1) WHAT was your personal highlight of 2013?
Winning the HRV cup and going to the champions league in India and getting to see a different part of the world and competing in such a big tournament.
2) What was your biggest regret?
Pulling a hamstring and having to come home from India early.
3) What was your best purchase of the year?
My new car! A 2006 Subaru Impreza
4) Most embarrassing moment of the year?
Backing into my captain's car in my new car.
5) What made you laugh this year?
Going tuk tuk racing around the streets of Colombo in Sri Lanka
6) What made you angry this year?
Sitting on the flight home when the rest of the team were playing in the Champions League against some of the best players in the world.
7) What new skill did you learn?
I learnt the skill of being a barista and can now make an incredible coffee.
8) How has your life changed from January 1 to now?
Well, I'm now more travelled with a new car, but you knew that . . . I'm now 19 and can lift more weights in the gym but apart from that it's still very similar!
9) What's your goal for 2014?
To return to the Champions League with the Volts and to continue to improve on my cricket.
10) Tell us a secret . . .
I'm a big One Direction fan.
- © Fairfax NZ News