Pupils get in early for Wild Food Festival
The first application for a stall at the first Southern Wild Food Festival in February has been received.
Southland Boys' High School's Try Line Cafe has applied to make delicacies with eel and swede at the festival.
Applications are now open for any not-for-profit community groups and businesses wanting to be part of the festival, which has a hunting and gathering theme.
Festival organiser Alice Pottinger said the not-for-profit community groups would be charged $276 for a stall. Businesses would be charged $368 for a small stall and $575 for a large stall.
There were 28 stalls available, with proceeds going to Rape and Abuse Support Centre Southland.
Mrs Pottinger said Rotary, the event organiser, wanted to support the centre as it had recently lost some funding. "If we receive more [stall] applications than there are places available, which would be wonderful, we'll have to pick and choose," she said.
The goal was to have 60 per cent of stalls filled by not-for-profit organisations, with the remaining 40 per cent filled by businesses.
The Southern Wild Food Festival will be at Stadium Southland on February 14.
- © Fairfax NZ News