A man has been charged with sexual assault and an 18-year-old woman with threatening to kill. Both were to appear in the Invercargill District Court today.
Meanwhile, a 32-year-old man has been charged with several family violence charges and another man has been charged with assault on a child. They were also scheduled to appear in court today.
Police are also investigating and asking for any information about an incident involving a female at a St Andrews St address, in Invercargill.
Senior Sergeant Maggie Windle, of Invercargill, said during the early hours of yesterday morning, a woman answered a knock on her door and a young male asked her how long she had lived there and if she lived alone.
A second male was heard to be in the driveway and the woman shut the door.
The male who knocked on her door remained at the door so she turned on the light.
He remained on the property for 35 minutes before walking off down the street to another property.
The men are described as caucasian, between 17 and 19 years old, of slim build and were wearing dark hoodies.
- Between Wednesday and yesterday, a vehicle had its bonnet and back boot spray painted in Teviot St.
- Between Monday and Wednesday, a fuel tank and trailer was stolen from a Clapham Rd yard in Kennington.
- Between Friday, July 4, and Tuesday, jewellery was stolen from a Carlyle St property.
- Between Tuesday and Wednesday, a lawn mower and air compressor and other items were stolen from a garage at a Tweed St address.
- Between Monday and Wednesday, a wrought iron table and two chairs were stolen from a Heriot St address while occupants were away.
Anyone with information should call the Invercargill police on 03 211 0400.
- The Southland Times
Should April Miller be allowed to play in the presidents grade rugby competition?Related story: Southland woman banned from men's rugby side
Subscribe to a digital replica of The Southland Times.
Southland Times subscriber news and information.
Click here for information about advertising with The Southland Times.