Callers are making the connection
Subscribers connected to the Invercargill telephone exchange numbered 2192 in January, 1932.
“New subscribers are constantly replacing those who for various reasons have relinquished their telephones, and the gain in this respect from the quarter ended December 31, 1931, was eight,” The Southland Daily News reported.
“The total is exclusive of the 14 slot telephone boxes scattered at various parts of the city and suburbs. For the year just ended, 165 new telephones were installed and there is no waiting list.”
The Southland Times