150 stories in 150 days
The new Chief Post Office goes up in the square in front of the old post office building.
It was one of three new public buildings due to be opened up in Invercargill in the first half of 1941, The Southland Times noted in January.
The others were the Law Courts in Don St and the Southland County Council headquarters in Clyde St.
- © Fairfax NZ News